Warning: Declaration of Roots_Walker_Comment::start_el(&$output, $comment, $depth, $args, $id = 0) should be compatible with Walker_Comment::start_el(&$output, $comment, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /srv/users/richardson/apps/richardsonhvac/public/wp-content/themes/richardson/lib/comments.php on line 0
Questions | Richardson Heating

HEALTH & SAFETY Tips

Richardson HVAC in Overland Mo

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide ( CO )

  • Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, colorless, gas.
  • Poisonous and potentially deadly to you and your family.
  • Produced by many of your household appliances furnace, water heater, stove, space heaters, even a gas dryer.
  • Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning are often overlooked because they resemble the common flu.

Symptoms of CO

Mild Exposure – Most people experience headaches, fatigue, and nausea. Medium Exposure – Severe throbbing headaches drowsiness, disorientation, confusion, and an accelerated heart rate.
Extreme Exposure – Can lead to unconsciousness, convulsions, cardio / repertory failure, coma, or possibly even death.

Protect you and your family from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

First – Invest in Carbon Monoxide detectors for your home. Simply plug into any standard electric outlet. They constantly monitor the ( CO ) levels in your home, emitting an alarm if the levels get too high.
Secondly – All appliances are properly vented The vent piping should not be oxidizing, falling apart, or have any holes where fumes could escape.
Finally – Yearly maintenance to your home heating system. If a crack exists in your heat exchanger it will allow the deadly carbon monoxide gas to travel freely through your home. A cracked heat exchanger can only be detected by a trained technician during a clean and check of the heating system.

Richardson HVAC in Overland Mo

Mold : A hidden danger

Most of the toxic mold floating in our air is invisible to the naked eye, and can cause serious health risks. Scientists have discovered over 1,000 types of mold and mildew in an average home, however more than 100,000 types exist. Mold lives off any organic matter, and are particularly fond of warm, humid environments.

Destroy Mold with an Air Purification system

A new product on the market has been designed to attack and eliminate those pesky mold spores growing in your homes heating system. The ULTRAVIOLET AIR PROBE SANITIZER cleans, freshens, and sterilizes the air in your home, by using the power of UV-C light. Ultimately destroying harmful contaminants in the air as well as eliminating the need for expensive duct cleaning. Reasonably priced, and easy to install the ( U.A.P.S ) is the first line of defense in promoting a clean and healthy home environment.